Background of OTR tyres
OTR tyres have a few speed categories:
OTR tyres (including wide tyres)
- Wheel loaders up to 10 km/h speed A2
- Graders up to 40 km/h speed A8
- Dumpers up to 50 km/h speed B
- Cranes up to 70/80 km/h speed E/F
A few important factors must be considered when machines drive at above average speed on public roads. For instance, one could try to protect the relatively thick and rigid OTR tyres against over-heating and other damaging effects. This can be done by making sure machines are unladen in such situations.
Tyre pressure and cooling
To make sure tyres do not suffer unnecessary damage, we strongly recommend taking a break after every hour spent driving on public roads; this will ensure the required cooling.
The wide range of uses have been considered by manufacturers and led to changes in the design of OTR tyres as well as the rubber mix. The compounds have been specified for:
- High wear resistance and high resistance against collisions and damage
- High wear resistance and high resistance against over-heating at high speeds
- A compromise between wear resistance and resistance against over-heating (on relatively flat surfaces)
Like to know more?
Do you need advice? Please contact us, our experts will be pleased to assist you. Contact our experts at +31 (0)523 - 850 850 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also read all about OTR on the OTR knowledge-page.