Properties of the ideal tyre for each purpose
Does the ideal tyre actually exist? Your choice of tyre should be determined entirely by your specific situation. However, the tyre must possess certain properties. We have identified these properties for each purpose.
Safety comes first
- offer enough bearing capacity for the vehicle and its load;
- be sturdy enough to prevent damage and deal with collisions;
- be safe to mount and unmount;
- offer good shock absorption properties
- have the perfect geometric dimensions, so no imbalance, vibration and deformation are encountered.
Good environmental properties
Sustainability and care for the environment are a must in today’s world. With this in mind, it is wise to choose a tyre that:
- is suitable for tread renewal, which means it can serve a second life;
- minimises damage to roads and other surfaces.
Specifically for agriculture and OTR
- offers self-cleansing properties, so effective traction is always available;
- has the best purchase price and cost per operating hour.
More about choosing a good agricultural tyre.
Specifically for truck tyres
Of course, you want to enjoy your investment for as long as possible. In this regard, the ideal truck tyre must offer the following properties:
- the best possible purchase price and price per kilometre;
- last a long time and thus be robust;
- maximum power transfer, whether the road surface is dry, wet or covered with snow;
- minimum rolling resistance in all driving conditions, so fuel consumption is minimised;
- suitable for driving at high speeds;
- effective noise attenuation to minimise rolling noise;
- preferably also suitable for tread renewal, because this is cheaper than purchasing a new tyre.